Therapy Assistants – Expressions of Interest
We are currently seeking Expressions of Interest for Therapy Assistants to join our team to provide support to children with Autism across all centres, including Shenton Park, East Fremantle, Joondalup, Gosnells, Midland, Armadale and Waikiki.
Working hours are Monday to Friday (8.30am – 4.30pm) and you will need to have ongoing availability for a minimum of three days per week.
- Implement therapy and community support programs under the supervision of experienced Therapists and Clinicians
- Participate in an intensive training and mentoring program
- Become part of a dynamic trans-disciplinary team that includes psychologists, speech pathologists, occupational therapists and teaching staff
- Be trained in a unique Autism Specific Early Intervention program based on best practice principles, and you will learn about our collaborative model as you develop a tool box of practical strategies that best support children with Autism
- Previous experience working with children or young people with developmental delays, ideally a minimum of 6 months
- Passion for supporting children with Autism and their families
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bundles of enthusiasm, energy and confidence to adapt and be flexible
- Courage to think outside the box and be solution focussed
- A qualification in a related field such as Education, Childcare, or Disability services, or be a student in a related field including Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy, Education or Psychology
- Understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Ongoing professional training and development
- An opportunity to work in a passionate, supportive team
- Access to salary packaging, novated leasing and other employee benefits
- A range of rosters and hours to maintain a great work life balance
If you want to work in a caring, dedicated organisation committed to making a difference for people with Autism and their families, apply today using the link below attaching your CV and Cover Letter which includes your suitability to the role, along with your ongoing availability.
All applications are to be sent to FirstStepsRecruitment@autism.org.au
Support Workers – Expressions of Interest
We are always looking for expressions of interest from people who are passionate about supporting people with Autism and their families.
How to apply:
If you wish to express an interest for Support Work, please forward the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed Employment Application Form
This form has been designed for you to complete electronically, save and return via email – please check that the form has been completed prior to returning.
- Covering letter outlining your experience with the name of 2 professional referees and which service you are interested in applying for
- Your up-to-date resume