The Autism Association is one of Australia’s largest not-for-profit Autism specific service providers, and the only specialist organisation providing a full range of services from early childhood through to adulthood in Australia.
Together we are inspired every day to make a difference to the lives of individuals with Autism. We are a dedicated, passionate, supportive team joined by a common goal and are deeply committed to enhancing the quality of life of every individual with Autism and passionate about supporting them to live their best life possible.
Our Therapy and Clinical Services Team are experts in Autism, and we continually update our expertise through our International and National Partnerships to ensure Peer Reviewed, Evidence-Based Practices. It is important to us that the individuals and families we support have options relevant to their needs while adding value to their life.
Our Specialist Clinical Team includes Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists, Early Childhood Teachers, Positive Behaviour Support Practitioners and Specialist Therapy Support Staff.
– Extensive training, growth and development opportunities based on your interests and passions.
– Over 100 hours of training opportunities annually.
– Specialist Autism training and development.
– Clinical supervision to support your ongoing professional registration.
– Choose your preferred age group; Early Intervention, School Aged Therapy Team, Adult Therapy Team.
– Opportunities to work with our specialist teams including Positive Behaviour Support, Augmentative and Alternative Communication, specialist Mealtimes, P.E.E.R.S and KONTAKT social skills programs.
– Support with your admin, scheduling, and rostering so you have more time to be a Therapist.
– Small caseloads so you can get to know your families.
– Opportunity to work across a range of locations nearest to your home.
– Access to generous salary options.
– Get more out of your salary with up to $19,000 tax free with salary packaging.
– Save every time you dine with friends and family at restaurants, cafes, pubs, clubs and bistros.
– Novated leasing car options with a budget for your lease repayments and running costs like fuel, registration, insurance and maintenance.
– When you work, continuous learning is important, so you can salary package your self-education and professional memberships and subscriptions with before tax dollars.
– Access to top of the range technology and devices and pool cars.
– Access to our Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
– Opportunities to travel regionally and support individuals and families in these areas.
– Long Service Awards
– Individual team awards
– Team social events and collaboration days
– International Autism Masterclass training
– State Agreement with East Java
– Asia Pacific Autism Conference
Working at the Association provides me with the opportunity to develop specialist skills within the discipline as well as grow in all areas of Speech Pathology specific to Autism. I have been able to solidify assessments of speech & language for early & school age individuals, develop specialist skills in AAC assessment, prescription & implementation, & work within mealtime management. Autism comes with such diversity & the rewards clinically, professionally & personally are limitless.
Elle, Speech Pathologist, Program Leader
I started at the Association 9 years ago as an OT in the Therapy Team.I have been so lucky over the years to have been given so many opportunities to learn, grow and progress in my role and am now proud to be a part of the leadership team.I love the opportunity to work within an inspiring team of professionals who are passionate and have loved the opportunity to participate in diverse and innovative projects which really make a difference in our community.
Mat, Occupational Therapist, Manager
All of our staff meet the NDIS Code of Conduct and Worker Screening rules and have completed the ‘Quality, Safety and You’ Worker Orientation Module. You can read more about this on the NDIS website or contact our team for more information.
I love my job because I get to make a difference in people’s lives where it matters to them the most – in their homes, schools, and communities. I feel like I’m still learning every day, but get heaps of opportunity to share my knowledge and skills to help others learn and grow in this space together. Our team is so much fun to work with, and it’s awesome to share that energy and passion for helping improve the lives of others every day.
Alex, Psychologist, PBS Program Leader
Working at the Autism Association is like an extended family to me. I look forward to seeing my colleagues every day and to putting our skills together to make the biggest difference for children with Autism. Our children and families teach us constantly. Seeing those first smiles from a child who has realised there’s a big wide world out there gives me goosebumps, and there is no better feeling than to be changing their life. I am forever grateful that I ended up in this workplace 12 years ago and I look forward to the future opportunities I know I have ahead of me.
Kate, Occupational Therapist, Manager