Club requirements for Autism Inclusive Endorsement:
Participation in Autism inclusion training
For relevant committee members, coaches, team managers and blast coordinators. This will involve:
- 1 x face-to-face training session involving 30 minutes of training and a review/ orientation of online resources and training materials.
- 1 x 15-minute online training program.
Take part in a Come and Try event
This will be supported by the Autism Association with staff attendance and promotion of the event. Ideally this would be a club hosted event, however if not possible it can be incorporated into other promotional opportunities e.g. PlayCricket Association Events.
Promotion of Autism Endorsement within the clubs marketing and engagement channels
- Actively promote the Autism in Cricket Endorsement via club communication channels.
- Use of the club’s social media channels to share curated messages around the Autism in Cricket program. These will be supplied by the Autism Association.
- Provide links to the Autism in Cricket website through the club’s digital channels.
Demonstrated integration of inclusion resources and strategies into club practices
This may include:
- Use of whiteboards, visual supports, adapted equipment etc.
- The club proactively works in collaboration with Autism in Cricket team to create strategies that aid integration into activities.
- The Autism in Cricket program and practices are embraced across the whole club.
The appointment of inclusion mentors
The club will attempt to identify members who can be trained as mentors to support new members with Autism. The mentors will receive training and support from the Autism Association.