We’ve listened to your feedback! This updated workshop includes an online pre-reading component to provide relevant information about the characteristics of Autism. This allows for a full-day course which focuses on practical, age-appropriate strategies to support students with Autism Spectrum Disorder in the primary school environment. The workshop covers key classroom strategies and effective tools to support positive development of skills and behaviours.
- Briefly review how the key characteristics of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) impact on the child’s learning and participation in a school setting.
- Learn effective, evidence based strategies to support students in the primary years including key components of positive behaviour support
- Use planning tools and templates to support collaborative planning for children with ASD
- Receive information to link into a range of local supports and services
People working in Primary School settings, including: teachers, education assistants, education support teachers, learning support coordinators and school leaders. Other professionals may also benefit from attending this seminar.
- Morning tea and light lunch included
- Registrations from 8:15am – 8:30am. Seminars will commence at 8:45am sharp, unless otherwise stated
- Child Care is NOT provided
- Attendance certificates will be provided
- Discounts may be offered to group bookings of 5 or more participants.
- A cancellation fee of 30 % will apply to all cancellations within 5 working days prior to the seminar. There will be no refund for cancellations within 24 hours and for non-attendance.