We’ve listened to your feedback! This updated workshop includes an online pre-reading component to provide relevant information about the characteristics of Autism. This allows for a full-day course which focuses on practical, age-appropriate strategies to support students with Autism Spectrum Disorder in the high school environment. It includes key classroom strategies with a focus on specific tools to support the development of new skills and behaviours.
Key Aims – Participants will:
- Briefly review how the key characteristics of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) impact on the child’s learning and participation in a high school setting.
- Learn effective, evidence based strategies to support students in inclusive senior primary and high school settings including key components of positive behaviour support
- Use planning tools and templates to support collaborative planning for students with ASD
- Receive information to link into a range of local supports and services
Senior primary teachers, high school teachers, education support teachers, learning support coordinators, education assistants and school leaders. Other professionals may also benefit from attending this seminar.
- Morning tea and light lunch included
- Registrations from 8:15am – 8:30am. Seminars will commence at 8:45am sharp, unless otherwise stated
- Child Care is NOT provided
- Attendance certificates will be provided
- Discounts may be offered to group bookings of 5 or more participants.
- A cancellation fee of 30 % will apply to all cancellations within 5 working days prior to the seminar. There will be no refund for cancellations within 24 hours and for non-attendance.