This seminar explores how Autism characteristics can impact on a person’s behaviour. Participants will learn about the evidence based theory of “positive behaviour support”. The seminar includes practical tools and strategies to further understand challenging behaviours while supporting to learn new positive behaviours.
Please note: a small amount of pre-reading is a requirement for this seminar.
- Review the characteristics of Autism and the impact it may have on the child’s behaviour, participation and learning
- Learn about evidence based positive behaviour support strategies
- Develop a profile of their child or student
- Learn strategies and use tools to assist collaborative planning to support positive behaviour change in children /adolescents with ASD
- Learn how to write a positive behaviour support plan for children and adolescents with Autism
- Receive templates, planning tools and evidence based resource information to support positive behaviour change
Teachers, education support teachers, learning support coordinators, education assistants and school leaders. Other professionals may also benefit from attending this seminar.
- Morning tea and light lunch included
- Registrations from 8:15am – 8:30am. Seminars will commence at 8:45am sharp, unless otherwise stated
- Child Care is NOT provided
- Attendance certificates will be provided
- Discounts may be offered to group bookings of 5 or more participants.
- A cancellation fee of 30 % will apply to all cancellations within 5 working days prior to the seminar. There will be no refund for cancellations within 24 hours and for non-attendance.