This full day workshop is aimed at families and carers of High School aged children and explores the process of understanding challenging behaviours and how to support positive behavioural change by using an evidence based approach.
- Find out exactly what is Positive Behaviour Support and learn about the evidence behind this approach
- Develop their understanding of the connection between Autism and behaviour
- Become familiar with the 5 Steps to meaningful behaviour support
- Gain an introduction to age appropriate Positive Support Strategies
- Learn how an Individual Profile can support a Behaviour Plan
- Review what happens in an escalation and how a behaviour support plan can be used in these situations.
- Learn the Why? When? What? And How? Of a Behaviour Support Plan
Registrations for Families Accessing our Services:
For families accessing Therapy Services with Autism Association you may be able to use your therapy funding to cover the cost of this workshop.
Please register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9489 8900.
Cancellation / no show policy:
You may request to cancel your ticket for a full refund up to 48 hours before the date and time of the event.
Cancellations requested after 48 hours of the event will not receive a refund or a transfer.