Recommended for parents and carers of children with Autism aged 2 to 12 years.
- Part 1: 5th August 2021 – 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Part 2: 2nd September 2021 – 9.30am to 12.30pm
Food is an essential part of living and socialising; it forms the building blocks of the human body and it helps us to form meaningful connections through the enjoyment of a shared meal. For children with Autism having diet variety for adequate nutrition can be a real challenge for many reasons, and taking part in mealtime experiences with others may affected. Come and join our *TASTEE team to learn about both the “why” behind mealtime challenges for children with Autism and what you can start to do about them. In this two-part workshop we will explore:
- Mealtime Challenges and Autism
- The difference between Picky Eaters vs. Problem Feeders
- Starting your mealtime progress journey — Learn how to develop a food diary
- Making sense of the information you’ve collected using a food diary
- The world of textures and flavours
- Autism specific mealtime strategies and how to set mealtime goals!
- Our Top 10 Tips for success at mealtimes and how our TASTEE team can help
*TASTEE—The Autism Specific Team of Everything to do with Eating is our Specialist Mealtime Therapy Team of Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and Psychologists who are able to provide assessment therapy intervention to children and adults with complex meal time challenges.
How Do I Register?
- Please note that you are registering for both workshops mentioned above. Registrations for the 2 part workshops will close prior to the first workshop.
- For any families who are currently accessing therapy services with the Autism Association of Western Australia, we have chosen to offer our training content free of charge as a part of your comprehensive service for 2021. To register please select the ‘RSVP’ option below.
- For any families not currently accessing services through the Autism Association you are welcome to access any of these training opportunities. A fee of $351.12 will apply. You can purchase your ticket to attend at the bottom of this page. If you would like to talk to someone about how to access our comprehensive therapy service please call 9489 8900 and request to speak to an Autism Service Advisor or contact us here.
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.