Food is an essential part of living and socialising; it forms the building blocks of the human body and it helps us to form meaningful connections through the enjoyment of a shared meal. For children with Autism having diet variety for adequate nutrition can be a real challenge for many reasons and taking part in mealtime experiences with others may affected. Come and join our *TASTEE team to learn about both the “why” behind mealtime challenges for children with Autism and what you can start to do about them.
In this two-part workshop we will explore:
- Mealtime Challenges and Autism
- The difference between Picky Eaters vs. Problem Feeders
- Starting your mealtime progress journey — Learn how to develop a food diary
- Making sense of the information you’ve collected using a food diary
- The world of textures and flavours
- Autism specific mealtime strategies and how to set mealtime goals!
- Our Top 10 Tips for success at mealtimes and how our TASTEE team can help
*TASTEE—The Autism Specific Team of Everything to do with Eating is our Specialist Mealtime Therapy Team of Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and Psychologists who provide Assessment and Intervention to children and adults with complex mealtime challenges.
Please note that you are registering for both workshops mentioned above. Registrations for the 2 part workshops will close prior to the first workshop.
This workshop is for parent and relatives of children with Autism up to 12 years of age.
Cost to attend:
Parent training workshops and webinars are charged at a rate of $65.09 per hour for all attendees.
- Families currently accessing therapy services with the Autism Association of Western Australia using an NDIS Plan, you will be charged according to the details outlined in your Service Agreement.
To register please select the ‘RSVP’ option below.
As per your Service Agreement a guest can attend with you, if you would like to bring a guest, please RSVP for 2 tickets. However, you will only be charged once.
- Families who are not currently accessing services through the Autism Association
You are welcome to access any of these training opportunities by purchasing a ticket. You can purchase your ticket to attend at the bottom of this page. To find out more about our comprehensive therapy services, we encourage you to submit an expression of interest here.
Please note that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may be required to attend in-person training.