Emotions make us feel, but they also make us act. Emotional regulation forms part of a set of skills we all need to help us control our feelings, thoughts and responses to different situations.
In this webinar we will explore:
- What ‘Emotional Regulation’ means, and the challenges for people with Autism
- Some of the well-known emotional regulation programs, including the ‘Zones of Regulation’, ‘The Size of My Problem’ and parts of the ‘Social Thinking’ Curriculum
- Practical tools that you can use at home to help build resilience and develop emotional regulation skills
This webinar is recommended for parents and carers of children with Autism aged 0 to 18 years
How Do I Register?
- For any families who are currently accessing therapy services with the Autism Association of Western Australia, we have chosen to offer our online webinar training content free of charge as a part of your comprehensive service for term 2. To register please select the ‘RSVP’ option below.
- For any families not currently accessing services through the Autism Association you are welcome to access any of these training opportunities. A small fee of $87.78 will apply. You can purchase your ticket to attend at the bottom of this page. If you would like to talk to someone about how to access our comprehensive therapy service please call 9489 8900 and request to speak to an Autism Service Advisor or contact us here.
How Does a Webinar Work?
Our live webinars are presented using Zoom software which is supported on most computers, laptops, and mobile devices. This allows participants to log in remotely – perfect for regional families or those who are unable to attend our face to face workshops! Zoom also allows participants to interact with other attendees and the presenters using the virtual chat features.
If you have any questions regarding our webinars or the Zoom software, please get in touch at email@example.com
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.