Unfortunately due to low registrations, this workshop has been cancelled. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have already registered, you will be contacted by the team to discuss alternative dates.
The next upcoming workshops available to register for are:
To change behaviour, we need to understand why it is occurring. Challenging behaviour happens, not because the person who has Autism is trying to be ‘difficult’, but because they are responding to a situation in the only way they know how. Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) is an approach that helps us move closer to understanding the cause of the behaviour and what the person is getting out of it so that we can support them to more effectively meet their needs.
In this workshop we will explore:
- Why Positive Behaviour Support is an effective approach
- The benefits of a personal profile and how to develop one
- The steps to understanding the function of a behaviour
- Choosing strategies
- Making a plan
This workshop is for parent and relatives of children with Autism ages 12 to 17 years.
Cost to attend:
Parent training workshops and webinars are charged at a rate of $65.09 per hour for all attendees.
- Families currently accessing therapy services with the Autism Association of Western Australia using an NDIS Plan, you will be charged according to the details outlined in your Service Agreement.
To register please select the ‘RSVP’ option below.
As per your Service Agreement a guest can attend with you, if you would like to bring a guest, please RSVP for 2 tickets. However, you will only be charged once.
- Families who are not currently accessing services through the Autism Association
You are welcome to access any of these training opportunities by purchasing a ticket. You can purchase your ticket to attend at the bottom of this page. To find out more about our comprehensive therapy services, we encourage you to submit an expression of interest here.
Please note that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may be required to attend in-person training.
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.