Recommended for parents and carers of children with Autism aged 0 to 12 years.
Integrating the information we receive from our senses helps us to understand the world around us. Sensory processing is what makes it possible for your child to use the sensory input they receive from their body and surroundings in a functional way. When a child has difficulties processing sensory information, it means that they organise and respond to the information that comes through their senses in different and sometimes unusual ways.
Join us for an interactive session that will open your eyes to the sensory world we live in and help you to gain insight into how your child may be seeing, hearing, smelling and feeling things differently.
In this workshop we will explore:
- The eight sensory systems
- How our bodies process our sensory world and what this can look like for children with Autism
- How sensory processing affects emotional self-regulation, and how this may present in your child
- Strategies to help you identify and manage your child’s sensory differences
How Do I Register?
- For any families who are currently accessing therapy services with the Autism Association of Western Australia, we have chosen to offer our training content free of charge as a part of your comprehensive service for 2021.To register please select the ‘RSVP’ option below.
- For any families not currently accessing services through the Autism Association you are welcome to access any of these training opportunities. A fee of $175.56 will apply. You can purchase your ticket to attend at the bottom of this page. If you would like to talk to someone about how to access our comprehensive therapy service please call 9489 8900 and request to speak to an Autism Service Advisor or contact us here.