This is a condensed PECS training for team members who support PECS implementation. Prerequisite for attendance is previous attendance of a PECS Level 1 Training by Team Leader(S). Attendees will learn a functional approach to applied behaviour analysis called The Pyramid Approach to Education, to implement the 2-Person Prompt Procedure and the 4-step Error Correction Procedure and how to create or capture communicative opportunities across the day.
The workshop involves demonstrations, lecture, video examples and practice opportunities for each of the phases of the PECS protocol.
Participants must have completed PECS Level 1 (Basic) Training.
What you will learn:
- Key components to a functional approach to Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Strategies for identifying reinforces for communication training
- How to implement all six phases of PECS
- How to do the 4-step Error correction Procedure.
This workshop is design for support team members such as parents/caregivers, paraprofessionals, teaching assistants, etc.
- The PECS Training Manual “Guide to Accompany PECS for Support Staff”
- Detailed Handouts with space for note taking
- Certificate of Attendance
- Lunch and refreshments on both days
- Registrations from 8:00am – 8:15am
- Seminars will commence at 8:30am sharp, unless otherwise stated
- Child Care is NOT provided
- A cancellation fee of 30 % will apply to all cancellations within 5 working days prior to the seminar. There will be no refund for cancellations within 24 hours for non-attendance.
- Cost is $400 for Parent Participants
- Cost is $660 for Professional Participants
- Please note we require a minimum number or registrations to run this event. Confirmations will be sent in advance of training date.