Recommended for parents and carers of children with Autism aged 7 to 12 years.
- Part 1: 12th August 2021 – 6.00pm to 7.30pm
- Part 2: 26th August 2021 – 6.00pm to 7.30pm
Communication is about so much more than just the words we use or the ability to talk.
Join our School-Age Intervention Service Speech Language Pathologist to learn more about what communication is, and how to support the ongoing development of communication skills in school-aged children with Autism. In this two-part webinar series, we will explore:
Part 1: Understanding Communication
- The difference between ‘Speech’, ‘Language’ and ‘Communication’
- The various Functions of Communication
- The importance of ‘Language Nutrition’ in children with Autism
- Foundation Skills for effective communication
Part 2: Supporting Communication Development
- Using routines at home and school to build communication skills
- Communication Strategies for home and in the classroom
How Do I Register?
- Please note that you are registering for both workshops mentioned above. Registrations for the 2 part workshops will close prior to the first workshop.
- For any families who are currently accessing therapy services with the Autism Association of Western Australia, we have chosen to offer our online webinar training content free of charge as a part of your comprehensive service for 2021. To register please select the ‘RSVP’ option below.
- For any families not currently accessing services through the Autism Association you are welcome to access any of these training opportunities. A fee of $175.56 will apply. You can purchase your ticket to attend at the bottom of this page. If you would like to talk to someone about how to access our comprehensive therapy service please call 9489 8900 and request to speak to an Autism Service Advisor or contact us here.
How Does a Webinar Work?
Our live webinars are presented using Zoom software which is supported on most computers, laptops, and mobile devices. This allows participants to log in remotely – perfect for regional families or those who are unable to attend our face to face workshops! Zoom also allows participants to interact with other attendees and the presenters using the virtual chat features. If you have any questions regarding our webinars or the Zoom software, please get in touch at email@example.com