Recommended for parents and carers of children with Autism aged 13 years and older.
To change behaviour, we need to understand why it is occurring. Challenging behaviour happens, not because the person who has Autism is trying to be ‘difficult’ but, because they are responding to a situation in the only way they know how.
Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) is an approach that helps us move closer to understanding the cause of the behaviour and what the person is getting out of it so that we can support them to more effectively meet their needs.
In this workshop we will explore:
- Why Positive Behaviour Support is an effective approach
- The benefits of a personal profile and how to develop one
- The steps to understanding the function of a behaviour
- Choosing strategies
- Making a plan
How Do I Register?
- For families who are currently accessing services or waiting to access services with the Autism Association of WA, our training is free of charge. To attend, please select the ‘RSVP’ option below.
- For any families not currently accessing services through the Autism Association you are welcome to access any of these training opportunities. A fee of $351.12 will apply. You can purchase your ticket to attend at the bottom of this page. If you would like to talk to someone about how to access our comprehensive therapy service please call 9489 8900 and request to speak to an Autism Service Advisor or contact us here.
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.