Communication is about so much more than just the words we use or the ability to talk. Join our Speech Pathologist to learn more about what communication is, and how to support the ongoing development of communication skills in school-aged children with Autism.
In this workshop you will explore:
- The difference between ‘Speech’, ‘Language’ and ‘Communication’
- The various Functions of Communication
- The importance of ‘Language Nutrition’ in children with Autism
- Foundation Skills for effective communication
- Using routines at home and school to build communication skills
- Communication Strategies for home and in the classroom
This workshop is for parent and relatives of children with Autism ages 6 to 17 years.
Cost to attend:
Parent training workshops and webinars are charged at a rate of $65.09 per hour for all attendees.
- Families currently accessing therapy services with the Autism Association of Western Australia using an NDIS Plan, you will be charged according to the details outlined in your Service Agreement.
To register please select the ‘RSVP’ option below.
As per your Service Agreement a guest can attend with you, if you would like to bring a guest, please RSVP for 2 tickets. However, you will only be charged once.
- Families who are not currently accessing services through the Autism Association
You are welcome to access any of these training opportunities by purchasing a ticket. You can purchase your ticket to attend at the bottom of this page. To find out more about our comprehensive therapy services, we encourage you to submit an expression of interest here.
Please note that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may be required to attend in-person training.