This seminar provides an introduction to Autism and Positive Behaviour Support. The characteristics of Autism will be discussed as well as strategies to understand behaviour and ways of supporting positive behaviours for adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder. This workshop is designed for people supporting adults with Autism.
- Understand the characteristics of Autism and the impact they may have on participation, independence and behaviour
- Learn about evidence based positive behaviour support strategies
- Learn about the link between behaviour and communication
- Develop a profile of an individual with Autism to better understand their behaviour
- Learn strategies and tools to analyse behaviour and begin to plan strategies to support positive behaviour
Any one working with or supporting an adult individual with Autism Spectrum Disorder – support workers, care coordinators, house staff, volunteers, families.
- Morning tea and light lunch included
- Registrations from 8:30am – 8:45am. Seminars will commence at 9:00am sharp, unless otherwise stated
- Child Care is NOT provided
- Attendance certificates will be provided
- Discounts may be offered to group bookings of 5 or more participants.
- A cancellation fee of 30 % will apply to all cancellations within 5 working days prior to the seminar. There will be no refund for cancellations within 24 hours and for non-attendance.