This seminar provides information about Sensory Processing and the differences in sensory processing patterns experienced by people with Autism Spectrum Disorder. It will provide information about common challenges and provides practical tools to assist the exploration of these differences and to introduce effective sensory supports. A basic understanding of autism is required.
- Develop an understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Understand sensory processing and the impact of individual processing styles on participation in everyday activities at home, school and in community settings
- Use a problem solving framework to explore the impact of sensory processing on behaviour.
- Investigate a range of practical strategies to assist with meeting the sensory needs of individuals with ASD
- Receive information about a range of useful resources, websites and publications
Educators and anyone working with or caring for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Other professionals may also benefit from attending this seminar.
- Morning tea and light lunch included
- Registrations from 8:30am – 8:45am. Seminars will commence at 9.00am sharp, unless otherwise stated
- Child Care is NOT provided
- Attendance certificates will be provided
- Discounts may be offered to group bookings of 5 or more participants.
- A cancellation fee of 30 % will apply to all cancellations within 5 working days prior to the seminar. There will be no refund for cancellations within 24 hours and for non-attendance.