Unfortunately, this workshop has been cancelled due to low registration numbers. Kindly email email@example.com should you have any queries in this regard.
This workshop includes an online pre-reading component to provide relevant information about the characteristics of Autism. This allows for a full-day course which focuses on practical, age-appropriate strategies to support students with Autism in day care and pre-school environments. The workshop provides information on key communication strategies and strategies to support the development of new skills and behaviours.
- Briefly review how the key characteristics of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) impact on the child’s learning and participation in a childcare setting.
- Learn effective ways to support children with ASD within the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF)
- Learn strategies to facilitate inclusion of children with Autism
- Develop an understanding of key components of positive behaviour support appropriate for Child care settings
- Receive information to link into a range of local supports and services
Educators working in a Child Care setting with children up to 6 years. Other professionals may also benefit from attending this seminar.
- Morning tea and light lunch included
- Registrations from 8:30am – 8:45am. Seminars will commence at 9.00am sharp, unless otherwise stated
- Child Care is NOT provided
- Attendance certificates will be provided
- Discounts may be offered to group bookings of 5 or more participants.
- A cancellation fee of 30 % will apply to all cancellations within 5 working days prior to the seminar. There will be no refund for cancellations within 24 hours and for non-attendance.