We are currently taking expressions of interest for the following Professional Development Seminar in your area:
Best Practice for Students with Autism
This updated workshop includes an online pre-reading component to provide relevant information about the characteristics of Autism. This allows for a full-day course which focuses on practical, age-appropriate strategies to support students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in the school environment. This workshop covers key classroom strategies and effective tools to support positive development of skills and behaviours.
- Briefly review how the key characteristics of ASD impact on the student’s learning and participation in a school setting.
- Learn effective, evidence based strategies to support students in inclusive school settings including key components of positive behaviour support
- Use planning tools and templates to support collaborative planning for students with ASD
- Receive information to link into a range of local supports and services
Teachers, education support teachers, learning support coordinators, education assistants and school leaders. Other professionals may also benefit from attending this seminar.
Pricing (per person)
- Professionals $225
- Autism Association Corporate Members $200
- Discounts may be offered to group bookings of 5 or more participants.
- Cost includes morning tea and a light lunch.
Submit your Expression of Interest
To submit your expression of interest, email the following information to RegionalTraining@autism.org.au
- Average age of Students/Clients supported
- Contact Person
- Contact Number
- Email Address
- Approximate Number of Staff to attend
A minimum of 20 interested parties are required for a Seminar to be scheduled.
Not enough interest in your area?
Our clinical team may be available to deliver professional development on location in Regional WA on a user pay basis. Email Seminars@autism.org.au for more information.