What support is available to assist you?
You’ll be guided and encouraged every step of the way. A dedicated employment consultant will help you decide the types of roles you would be interested in, plus support you with:
- Looking for employment.
- Writing your resume and application letters.
- Attending interviews.
- Helping employers and co-workers to understand Autism, if appropriate to your situation.
- Explaining the financial incentives available to employers.
- Providing on-the-job support and guidance.
In addition, the following support can also be provided to you beyond the workplace environment:
- Learning transport routes and catching public transport.
- Pre-vocational and vocational counselling.
- Accessing further education including traineeships and apprenticeships.
- Planning your career progression.
We also have a regular Job Club gathering, where you can meet other job seekers and improve your job readiness.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for this service, you should meet the following criteria:
- Have a formal diagnosis of an Autism Spectrum Disorder. This includes Autism, Asperger Syndrome and PDD (NOS).
- Be 16 years of age or over.
- Meet the Centrelink criteria through a Job Capacity Assessment for receiving assistance through a Disability Employment Provider, or, if currently at school, be in the last six months of leaving school, or looking for part-time work outside of school hours.
- Reside in the Perth metropolitan area.
The types of jobs we will assist you to access depends on many factors including your skills, abilities and interests, your individual needs and the availability of suitable jobs in the local area.