The Autism Association of WA is now offering Hanen® workshops via online telepractice and in small face-to-face groups. This specialist training is facilitated by Hanen® certified Speech Pathologists. All Hanen® programs use a combination of group training sessions and individual consultations with each child and their family. This provides a comprehensive and personalised learning experience for each family participating in the program.
The More Than Words® Program was designed specifically for parents of children ages 6 and under on the Autism Spectrum. The program provides parents with the tools, strategies and support they need to help their children reach their full communication potential.
TalkAbility™ is designed specifically for parents of verbal children ages 3 to 7 with Autism. This program shows parents how to foster the higher-level language and social skills that are essential for the best outcomes in their child.
The course cost of $1,435.93 can be covered by NDIS funding, or private funding.
Face-to-face training sessions in small groups are available, together with the online telepractice option.
- Five group parent training sessions (3 hours each).
- 2 hours direct coaching with the Speech Pathologist
- 2 hours planning
- Up to two participants per family (participants must have a significant, ongoing role in caring for the child with Autism).
- Participants are required to attend the full program. Parent guidebook included.
Telepractice is similar to taking an online class. The parent-only sessions are live, and you log in to a videoconferencing software that makes it easy to interact with your speech pathologist and the other parents in the group.
What you need for online training:
- A computer or a tablet (smartphones and cell phones do not have a large enough screen for you to see the slides or the other parents in the group)
- High speed internet
- Email access
- Adobe reader (free download)
- Printer or scanner or photo capture and transfer (if you want to print out the handouts)
Upcoming program details:
Our Hanen® program will be offered when there is sufficient interest.
Kindly complete the form below if you are interested in attending.
Expression of Interest
Please complete the Expression of Interest form below; using the drop box to select with term you would be interested in attending. Alternatively, for more information talk to your therapist or contact our First Steps team at email@example.com or on (08) 6380 5500.