The Autism Association of WA is now offering Hanen® workshops via online telepractice and in small face-to-face groups. This specialist training is facilitated by Hanen® certified Speech Pathologists. All Hanen® programs use a combination of group training sessions and individual consultations with each child and their family. This provides a comprehensive and personalised learning experience for each family participating in the program.
The More Than Words® Program was designed specifically for parents of children ages 6 and under on the Autism Spectrum. The program provides parents with the tools, strategies and support they need to help their children reach their full communication potential.
TalkAbility™ is designed specifically for parents of verbal children ages 3 to 7 with Autism. This program shows parents how to foster the higher-level language and social skills that are essential for the best outcomes in their child.
The course cost of $1,435.93 can be covered by NDIS funding, or private funding.
Face-to-face training sessions in small groups are available for Term 2, 2021, together with the online telepractice option.
- Five group parent training sessions (3 hours each).
- 2 hours direct coaching with the Speech Pathologist
- 2 hours planning
- Up to two participants per family (participants must have a significant, ongoing role in caring for the child with Autism).
- Participants are required to attend the full program. Parent guidebook included.
Telepractice is similar to taking an online class. The parent-only sessions are live, and you log in to a videoconferencing software that makes it easy to interact with your speech pathologist and the other parents in the group.
What you need for online training:
- A computer or a tablet (smartphones and cell phones do not have a large enough screen for you to see the slides or the other parents in the group)
- High speed internet
- Email access
- Adobe reader (free download)
- Printer or scanner or photo capture and transfer (if you want to print out the handouts)
Upcoming program details:
Our Hanen® program will be offered in term 3 and 4 of 2021 if there is sufficient interest.
Kindly complete the form below if you are interested in attending.
Expression of Interest
Please complete the Expression of Interest form below; using the drop box to select with term you would be interested in attending. Alternatively, for more information talk to your therapist or contact our First Steps team at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (08) 6380 5500.